GENERAL WORKER AT JOSEF SEIBEL AFRICA, KWALE, KENYA
Josef Seibel is one of Europe’s longest established shoe manufacturers. Built to the highest quality, Josef Seibel footwear offers the highest level of comfort for everyday wear. Having been established in Kenya in 2020, the company has been continuously building a dynamic team of individuals to help achieve its growing production targets for the local and export markets.
General Workers produce and assemble shoes on the factory floor. They are expected to operate and maintain machinery, ensure production standards are met, finalize products, and prepare them for shipping.
For this, Josef Seibel Africa Ltd. offers an internal training program “Shoe Manufacturing” with practical and theoretical components. Starting with an initial basic training and an ongoing on the job training workers are equipped with the necessary skills and expected to operate and maintain machinery, ensure production standards are met, finalize products, and prepare them for shipping.
As General Worker at JSA, you are responsible to coordinate with the Department Manager and perform general duties;
- Following health and safety standards, maintaining a clean workstation and production floor
- Assembling products and parts,
- Following production guidelines and specifications
- Finalizing and packaging products for shipment.
- Operating and maintaining machinery and production line equipment,
- Monitoring the assembly line and removing faulty products
- Working on the production line and meeting production targets
- Reporting any issues to the supervisor on duty
- Performing other tasks as assigned
To be successful as a General Worker you should be able to work on the production line with consistent speed and accuracy. An outstanding worker should be able to maintain production standards and work towards improving productivity without compromising quality.
WHY WORK WITH JSA
Josef Seibel Africa values its employees. While working as a General Worker, staff may enjoy various benefits;
- Flexible work hours
- Transport and meal facilitation
- Paid annual leave
- Paid parental leave
- Health insurance
- Welfare support
- Certification “Shoe Manufacturing”: after successful completion of the training program a certificate can be acquired.
While we are proud to offer on-the-job training for all positions, we prefer candidates with these characteristics;
- Holder of a high school diploma
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Physical dexterity
- Desire to learn new things
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
Previous experience working in a factory is beneficial Experience operating manufacturing machinery is an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for this position and training program, visit our Human Resources office at Diani Sea Resort Plaza, Diani Beach and submit an application with an attached resume/CV and referees.
For any additional questions or information about this position, email us at; firstname.lastname@example.org